Liew Chin Tong was elected as Member of the Malaysian Federal Parliament for Kluang in the May 2013 election, and previously he was Member of Parliament for Bukit Bendera (2008-2013). Since 1999, Chin Tong has served DAP in various capacities and is now a Member of its Central Executive Committee, serving as Political Education Director.
Chin Tong graduated with a degree in Political Science and an honours degree in Asian Studies from the Australian National University, and holds an International Masters in Regional Integration from the Asia-Europe Institute, University of Malaya.
Chin Tong was the Executive Director of Penang Institute (previously Socio-Economic and Environmental Research Institute, SERI, 2009-2012) and Research for Social Advancement (REFSA, 2007-2011), and was formerly a Visiting Research Fellow at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Liew Chin Tong (2013), Putrajaya Milik Siapa?: Genta Media
- Liew Chin Tong (2013), Middle Malaysia: Centre Ground Is Battle Ground: Genta Media
- Liew Chin Tong (2009), Speaking for the reformasi generation Kuala Lumpur: Research for Social Advancement (REFSA)
- Liew Chin Tong and Francis Hutchison (2010), “Implementing Pro-Employment Policies at the Sub-national Level” in Ooi Kee Beng and Goh Ban Lee (eds) Pilot Studies for a New Penang, Penang: Socio-Economic and Environmental Research Institute (SERI), pp.111-128.
- Liew Chin Tong (2007), “PAS’ Leadership: New Faces and Old Constraints” in Lorraine C. Salazar and Daljit Singh (eds) Southeast Asian Affairs 2007, Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, pp.201-213
- Liew Chin Tong (2007), “PAS politics: defining an Islamic State” in Edmund Terence Gomez Politics in Malaysia: the Malay dimension Oxon: Routledge, pp.107-137.
- William F. Case and Liew Chin Tong (2006), “How Committed Is PAS to Democracy and How Do We Know It?” Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International and Strategic Affairs, Volume 28, Number 3, December 2006, pp. 385-406